Advantages of being VOSB Certified

VOSB Qualifications

In 2003 congress passed the Veterans Benefits Act to jumpstart supplier networks across the nation, and give Veteran Owned Small Businesses (VOSBs) the room they need to thrive amongst the larger corporations in their field.

Or in franker terms, Certified Veterans have earned themselves the right to enjoy exclusive contracting opportunities which are restricted from the rest of their competition. 

  • Sole Source Law – Sole Source states the federal government must set aside a percentage of their contracts for certified small and veteran owned businesses.

  • Special Preference – VOSBs also receive preferential consideration when vying for open-bid contracts that are available to the rest of the Federal marketplace.

  • Subcontracting Options – VOSBs are allowed to subcontract on any of the jobs awarded to them. That way a veteran’s small business size won’t cause them to miss out on larger prospects.

  • Private Sector Opportunities – Becoming VOSB certified doesn’t just make organizations eligible for federal benefits, it also opens them to a range of exclusive contracting opportunities from the private sector.

For reference: In 2018, the federal government put $560 billion into annual contract spending alone. 26% of those contracts were legally reserved for VOSBs, with 5% more available for Women Owned Small Businesses at a total of 31%. When you do the math, that translates to between $145 and $173 billion in contract work last year—and all that Qualified Businesses need to do to take part in these lucrative contracts is get registered as a VOSB.

Qualifies for Small Business Status and is not currently part of the VOSB program

Over 51% owned and controlled by a United States Veteran

Veteran(s) musst manage day-to-day and long term operations

Business must have a Department of Defense Form 214

Small Business

51% Owner

Full Time

Certify your business the right way

Are you a Veteran Owned business? Do you want access to more job opportunities in the Federal and Private sector?

Join the Federal Marketplace as a Certified Veteran Owned Small Business!


To register and qualify for VOSB status with the federal government, an organization must meet all the following criteria:

If you believe your business qualifies for VOSB certification begin your registration today to acquire the federal contracting opportunities waiting for you.

Require Documents

Certification Process

Pre Qualify

Submission of Documents

Certification Completition

Determine if your business is eligible for a Federal Certification

After qualifying, begin your required document submission for review and edits

Documents pass final review, Certificate is delivered

Call Now to Speak to a Certification Specialist

(855) 860-6204